Dr. Ross Kennedy
B.Sc., M.B.B.S., M.S., F.R.A.C.S. (Ortho), F.A.Orth.A
Tertiary: University of Melbourne
- Engineering (1975-1976)
- Science (exempted 1st year)(1978-1979).
Completed B.Sc., physiology major .
- Medicine (exempted 1st year) (1980- 1984)
Clinical placement at St. Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne.
POSTGRADUATE APPOINTMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne (1985).
- Junior RMO,
St. Vincent’s Hospital,
Melbourne Passed FRACS Primary Exam (1986).
- Senior RMO,
St. Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne (1987-1988).
- Research Fellow,
St. Vincent’s Institute of Medical Research.
- Commenced Master of Surgery degree,
University of Melbourne (1989).
- Commenced orthopaedic training programme,
Victorian scheme (1990).
- First year: St. Vincent’s Hospital.
Completed M.S. thesis, graduated Master of Surgery
- Second year: Western General Hospital (1991).
- Third year: Alfred Hospital (1992).
- Royal Children’s Hospital/ Preston & Northcote Community Hospital (1993).
- Passed RACS exam.
- Admitted F.R.A.C.S (Ortho)
Royal Darwin Hospital (9 months) (1994).
- Senior Orthopaedic Registrar,
Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Hospital, Exeter, U.K (12 months) (1995)
- Director of Orthopaedics,
Royal Darwin Hospital (1996- 1998).
- VMO Royal Darwin Hospital (1998-2000).
- Member of Medical Advisory Committees of Darwin Private and Royal Darwin Hospitals (1995-2000)
- Director of Orthopaedics,
Logan Hospital (Aug 2000-Aug 2001)
Current Professional Commitments
- VMO QE11 Public Hospital
- VMO Redland Public Hospital
- Private practice based at Greenslopes Private Hospital.
- Regular consulting and surgery Mater Private Redlands.
- Member of Medical Advisory Committee, Mater Private Hospital Redland.
- Member Queensland Branch AOA Training Committee.
- Knee and Hip Joint Arthroplasty
- Computer Assisted Surgery
- Knee reconstructive Surgery
PUBLICATIONS / AWARDS
- Physiology exhibition, Science faculty, University of Melbourne (1979).
- Awarded the John L Connell Medical Postgraduate fellowship (1989).
- Published thesis for Master of Surgery, “Cytokines Involved in the Regulation of Plasminogen Activator Activity in Osteoblasts”, University of Melbourne (1992).
Convenor of the annual conference of the Australian Orthopaedic Registrar’s Association (AORA).
Winner of “Censor in Chief’s Prize” for the best paper at AORA conference, “A Novel Femoral Cement Delivery System”. Presented at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
- President of the Australian Orthopaedic Registrar’s Association (1993)
Golf: Regular club competition player, member Wynnum Golf Club
Yachting: Competitive yachtsman since childhood, member of the Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron.
Motorsport: member Porsche club of Queensland